Monday 17 February 2014

Mourinho won't waste time 'crying' over Manchester City loss

Mourinho won't waste time 'crying' over Manchester City loss

The Portuguese saw his team lose 2-0 defeat at the Etihad Stadium, but he is keen to get back on track against Everton this weekend

Jose Mourinho has vowed not to dwell on Chelsea's FA Cup defeat to Manchester City and wants to return to winning ways as quickly as possible.

The Portuguese felt that his side showed the effects of a busy schedule with a tired performance at the Etihad Stadium, and City's extra preparation time - with their midweek league clash postponed due to bad weather - paid dividends as they ran out 2-0 winners.

The defeat was Chelsea's seventh of the season in all competitions but, rather than letting the result affect his spirits, Mourinho is focussed on getting a positive result in the upcoming Premier League match with Everton on Saturday.

"I don't like to lose but when I lose, instead of big crying I want the next match to come," he told the club's official website.

"I want to play, I want to try to have again the taste of the victory.

"I am never down with a defeat and I want to start working towards the next match, and hopefully I can pass to them (the players) this kind of spirit, this kind of message."

Chelsea have lost consecutive games on just one previous occasion this season, when a 1-0 loss at Everton was followed up by a 2-1 home defeat against Basel in the Champions League.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post