Friday 17 January 2014

Neymar: I feared my World Cup was over

Neymar: I feared my World Cup was over

The Brazil international was initially concerned that he would miss the game's biggest tournament after damaging ankle tendons on Thursday night
Barcelona star Neymar has confirmed that the injury he sustained at Getafe will only keep him out of action for a month, much to his relief.

The 21-year-old Brazilian limped out of Thursday's match with an ankle problem but he has since been given positive news that the injury is only a strain of the tendons.

“At the time, I thought it could be a serious injury, and I thought about my plans for 2014,” Neymar explained via social media.

“[But] don't worry. I’ll do everything right and I’ll be back soon.”

The Selecao talisman also took time to thank fans for their support during a frightening 24 hours.

“What a scare! But Jesus, once again, was by my side. Thank you to everyone who prayed for me.”

World Cup hosts Brazil open the tournament on June 12 when they host Croatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post