Tuesday 17 December 2013

Schweinsteiger: I will return in time for World Cup

 Schweinsteiger: I will return in time for World Cup
The Germany international has dismissed fears that he will not be fit for next summer’s tournament, as well as insisting that his rehabilitation process is going to plan
Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger is confident he will return from injury in time for next summer’s World Cup.

The German, who has made over 100 appearances for his national side, has been sidelined by an ankle injury since mid-November and, despite undergoing two operations since August, has yet to return to training with the Bundesliga champions.

"I have not had a moment's concern about missing the World Cup," Schweinsteiger told SID.
The midfielder is eager to return in a bid to help his Bayern side, who are seven points clear at the top of the Bundesliga, to retain the championship.

However, he will not feature for the Bavarians when they play Guangzhou Evergrande in the Club World Cup semi-final on Tuesday.
"It's annoying that I can't play, but I have to look after my body. It's not the first time [I've been injured]," he continued.
"Light jogging is possible now, but no ball work. It'll take a while yet, but I am working harder in training than when I was fit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post