Saturday 27 July 2013

I missed a chance to showcase my talents – Moses



Victor Moses
Chelsea forward Victor Moses insists he has missed a big chance to opportunity to showcase his talents on a bigger stage – the Confederations Cup in Brazil last month.
Nigeria beat Oceania champions Tahiti 6-1 and lost 2-1 to South American powerhouse before exiting the competition after a 3-0 drubbing by world and European champions Spain.
The 22-year-old, who helped Nigeria win the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa in February, missed out on a place in the Confederations Cup squad due to injury.
His Chelsea  teammates  Mikel Obi, David Luiz, Oscar, Fernando Torres, Juan Mata and Cesar Azpilicueta all played for their countries in the tournament won by Brazil.
 And  Moses, who represented England at the 2007 FIFA Under-17 World Cup won by Nigeria, has expressed his disappointment  at the injury that prevented him from being  part of the small  Chelsea community at the Confederations Cup.
“I felt disappointed not to have my day with Nigeria. It was a great tournament, they were the sort of games I would like to be involved in, playing against some of the best teams in the world, but that’s football and injuries happen,”  the former Wigan star told Chelsea’s official website during the week.
Stephen Keshi has included Moses in his 20-man squad for the August 14 encounter against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa in the Nelson Mandela Challenge in Durban and the winger, whose club beat Indonaisa 8-1 in Jakarta on Thursday, declared his readiness for the upcoming season.
He said, “Now I’m delighted to be here, working hard and getting as fit as possible for the new season. It’s my first Chelsea tour and it’s been a good experience for me with the club. When I first came I arrived after the start of the season which was unfortunate because it makes it a bit harder to get to know everyone.
“It’s been great so far. We’ve got a few new players in and others back from loan, and so far I think everyone has done well in achieving their aims. Also, the fans have been great everywhere and here in Indonesia right from landing at the airport we’ve seen this amazing support we’ve had. There is nice hot weather too, which I like, so it’s good to be here, and I think we’ve all really enjoyed the experience.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post